We’re looking for a seasoned marketing leader to bolster Remote Year’s brand awareness and to develop a robust content strategy to serve the company and the broader work and travel movement. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will own Remote Year’s external facing brand and content strategies to fuel the growth of our customer base (both consumer and enterprise), to shape Remote Year’s message and authority as an industry leader, to build and oversee a small but talented team, and to ensure that the Remote Year brand is understood, trusted and loved. Additional duties of this team include managing the Remote Year presence on social media and on the web, oversight of the recently launched Remote Year Ambassador program, conference and event planning, and agency and related vendor relationship management. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving problems and can thrive in a fast-changing startup culture where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
- Brand Development – Refine and boost Remote Year’s brand to protect, promote, and enhance the company’s reputation, credibility, and awareness. Develop standard brand metrics and best practices around brand stewardship, and lead the socialization of brand guidance and tools.
- Marketing Strategy – In partnership with Remote Year’s Director of Digital Marketing, evaluate, size and segment Remote Year’s current market position, identify growth opportunities and implement marketing strategies and campaigns to achieve customer goals for the company and its product(s).
- Community Engagement – Lead the creation and execution of ongoing customer and community engagement, and design and manage loyalty programs.
- Collaboration – Liaise with key leaders and different parts of the company to ensure brand alignment, especially with the enterprise sales and admissions teams to better understand our customer needs, communicate to customers effectively, and launch new products and brand extensions that that matter.
- Content and Collateral – Provide editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all organization collateral, and ensure Remote Year’s marketing, social media, PR, content development and communications efforts are effectively supporting our emerging brand and broader corporate goals.
- Leadership – Coach, mentor, and develop a small team of marketing professionals to successfully achieve business objectives and contribute to profitable growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA or graduate degree a plus
- 7+ years of well-rounded marketing experience, working with consumer-facing brands that have a passionate end-user and brands that have an enterprise sales component
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a marketing team
- Nimble – We need someone proven in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment who can handle multiple projects with stakeholders spanning the entire organization
- Solution Oriented – We embrace a bias for action, and need someone who will be proactive in leading this team and strategy to the next level without being told to go
- Data-Driven Design Thinker – We need a leader with an analytical mindset combined with a flair for storytelling and an empathy for the customer
- Organization – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment
- Collaboration – We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and to manage agency relationships