Blink UX is looking for a freelance copy editor to work on an as-needed basis. This person needs a rock-solid foundation in English usage including grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation. The ability to work a flexible schedule and keep deadlines is key.
Required hours vary but are approximately 10/week.
- Copyedit and proofread business proposals, project documents, presentation decks, and marketing materials.
- Ensure consistency in style and terminology.
- Check to ensure links, images, captions, and any other additional pieces of the content are correct.
- Rewrite content or suggest new ways to write content to increase clarity and readability.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Journalism, English, Communications) and several years of experience as a copy editor is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite content.
- Eye for detail and a meticulous approach to work.
- Familiarity with tech writing and tech industry and knowledge of user experience preferred.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively.