We are looking for an experienced online copywriter to help with our client-facing and internal web site projects. This position writes, edits and proofreads digital marketing-based, SEO friendly marketing content, including websites, landing pages, blog posts, display ads and text PPC ads. Qualified candidates require extensive experience writing websites, landing pages and blog posts. Candidates also require a deep understanding of both SEO and conversion and will have healthcare experience (B2B and/or B2C).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our online team (SEO, PPC, web developers, social media, Marcom), Director of Client Services, Account managers, writers and even CEO to create marketing-based, SEO friendly copy for our clients and our corporate website as well;
- Write compelling and conversational copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
- Provide copywriting, editing and proofreading services on online projects, and possibly some offline projects;
- Research, fact check, and interview for accuracy and clarity;
- Observe established departmental workflow processes and utilize project management tools;
- Actively participate in creative team meetings and client presentations;
- Work to tight deadlines;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience writing, either for a marketing agency, PR agency or health care provider;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field;
- Must be based in Southern California;
- Working knowledge of SEO and how content is shared on digital media;
- Understand online advertising, including PPC and display;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Expertise with common style guides and grammar/usage standards;
- Exemplary attendance and job performance;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office on a Mac computer, Adobe, and Basecamp or another similar project software. Wordpress would be a plus;
- The ability to write quality content quickly;
- Able to switch effortlessly between projects when necessary.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter