Politech seeks a Full Stack Developer to join our team. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who will work as a team player and is a self-starter. The ideal candidate should have mid-level experience, but s/he won’t be placed in some hierarchical structure. This position will work directly with the other developers and reports directly to the CEO. The individual should be highly motivated to make a difference and have an impact to move progressive issues forward. Our employees’ opinions matter to us for the success of the company, and we want you to bring creative solutions to make our work better for our clients. Interest and understanding of politics and campaigns is a plus but not required.
Our employees are from all over the country, and bring varying levels of experience to the company. First and foremost, we value honesty from all employees within our firm. We strongly encourage a work environment centered on open communication and conscientiousness. Working remotely gives our employees the ability to better maintain a work-life balance, but we expect that productivity and job performance will not be sacrificed.
Our main office is located in Washington, D.C. and we allow flexible hours. You must be flexible to work with staff in different time zones when requested.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions Postgresql, Mysql, MongoDB, Redis
- Write unit, feature and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Integrations with external APIs
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Intermediate understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming
- Intermediate understanding of server-side templating languages such as ERB and HAML
- Intermediate understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors SASS and LESS
- Intermediate understanding of front-end technologies HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with front end frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Compensation: Salary commensurate with knowledge, experience, and qualifications.
Email with your GitHub account (or similar), resume, and cover letter. You should be able to show samples of your previous work upon request. Use “Full Stack Developer – (Full Name)” as the subject line of your email.