We need you to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a collaborative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
- Develop an understanding of Viddler products, infrastructure, architecture, and business model
- Collaborate with design, systems, database and QA teams to develop and
- deploy features for PHP/Laravel training suite application.
- Ensure code is well designed, efficient, and well tested
- Implement best practices and new solutions to create secure, scalable, and maintainable applications.
- Translate business and UX design elements into implementation
- Investigate and resolve production issues during off-hours and weekends, as directed.
- Maintain Viddler legacy Ruby on Rails application
- Be an active participant on an Agile Software team
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented PHP
- PHP web frameworks. (Laravel)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Restful API design
- Unit testing (PHPUnit)
- Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Excellent knowledge of version control and deployment tools (Git, Ansible playbooks, Capistrano)
- Awareness of security best practices
- Basic CSS knowledge
- Experience and understanding of deployment technologies, source control, and enterprise web application server architecture.
- Comfortable working within the Linux command line
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated individual with a focus on writing clean, well-tested, and scalable code
- Learning tools operability (LTI)
- SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Open Badges