Founded in 2011 and backed by preeminent VCs and successful serial entrepreneurs, TextMaster (www.textmaster.com) disrupts the translation industry by providing the first online marketplace for professional translation services. With TextMaster, clients can now order any kind of translation in any language from qualified translators in just a few clicks, 24h/7, around the globe. To make it short, we’re “uberizing” a $40bn industry!
We’re facing rapid growth in 110 countries and are now hiring a bright Ruby Application Support Engineer to strengthen our team and to provide enterprise level technical support to both our internal teams and to our customers. A background in engineering or IT support is required.
You will join a very ambitious technical team that strives to bring to best possible user experience with an amazing online platform. As part of TextMaster’s core technical team, you will work closely with our different internal teams: Production, Sales, and Development in addition to our Customers to provide Level 1 and Level 2 technical support. You will have the chance to interact with most aspects of a very large and successful online product.
We are looking for highly motivated application engineer that has experience with Rails application development.
The position requires a lot of attention to detail and a strong technical expertise. You’ll join a team of very talented people working in an amazing atmosphere and a very multi-cultural environment. The job is a full-time position, you can either join our Paris office in France or work remotely as long as you keep a close enough timezone. The ability to speak French and English is an absolute must.
- Take ownership of reported issues and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve user issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to internal and external customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, application support or as a technical engineer
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Perfect command of French and English (written and spoken)
- Available full time
- and most importantly: positive spirit and high motivation!