Demiurge Technologies AG is a cutting-edge deep learning and neuroscience startup developing breakthrough technologies for mobile AI products using neuroscience-inspired artificial intelligence. We redesign the neuron units of deep neural network and develop brain chips for autonomous mobile robots, ranging from fully self-driving cars on earth to exploratory robots in space, that could adaptively deliver optimal robust performance to data-scarce tasks under real-world constraints.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Demiurge is supported by some of the world’s most iconic trailblazing entrepreneurs and investors. We are a global family of focused craftswomen and craftsmen solving artificial intelligence at the interface of deep learning and neuroscience. Our mission is to deliver universal benefits to all kinds of life forms and to bring humanity to the universe. Every Demiurger leads independently with head and interdependently with heart
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build to improve our innovative consumer-facing products.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Mentor and support entry-level software engineers
- 3+ years writing full stack web applications
- Strong passion for working in a startup and for the Demiurge mission
- Strong experience in writing secure and scalable NodeJS server code
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, design patterns, and componentization approaches.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player
Desired personal qualities
- Humble souls, daring minds
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher/engineer/thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
- Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.