Semaphore is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
The Product Team is responsible for all user-facing experience of our platform. Our platform provides continuous delivery services for all mainstream programming languages as well as native support for building and shipping Docker containers. We aim to deliver the easiest to use and fastest CI/CD service. We work in small highly effective teams, so every team member is vital to the success of the company.
We’re looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to take significant ownership of technical projects that will drive the success of the overall business. A strong candidate will bring solid product and technical acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).
Examples of problems you’ll be solving:
- Shipping awesome Semaphore features
- Maintaining and improving the internal and external APIs of Semaphore
- Automating the release process, monitoring, and solving scalability issues
- Optimizing the performance of components for both latency and throughput
- Helping our customers to improve and automate their software delivery pipeline
- Contributing to and collaborating on Open Source software
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience and are comfortable writing code in Ruby (and using Rails).
- You have highly developed debugging skills and ability to solve problems on production systems
- You care about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You have excellent written communication skills, including proven ability to work remotely.
- You are self-managed and capable of making effective decisions.
- You love helping other developers work more dexterously.
- You are able to take responsibility for projects end-to-end from idea to completion.
- You can work with four hours overlap with Central European Timezone
- Other people at the companies you worked for wanted you on their projects.
- The impact of working on a product that’s competing in a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice