Trice Imaging is looking for a talented, innovative Senior Software Engineer to join a small development team building a medical image management system that runs in the cloud (AWS). We are a distributed team with people all over the world. The development team works remotely, but all are based in the US (this position requires US residency). The other parts of the company are almost all remote as well.
- Design, build and maintain scalable, efficient, reusable, and reliable back-end Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with other team members, as well as other departments, on – goals, use cases, best practices, features, relevant standards, quality objectives
- Ensure application scalability, security, and performance
You’ll be working on things like:
- Developing interfaces to 3rd party systems including enterprise EHR systems
- Implementing new application features and APIs for use by mobile and web clients
- Performance and Security optimizations
- Strong background in web technologies, including a deep understanding of web application architectures, algorithms, data structures, how distributed systems fail, and software engineering principles.
- Experience with AWS and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with relational databases (we use Postgres)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- 3+ years of team software development
- A few open source projects so we can take a look
- Self-starter, highly motivated and works with little or no supervision
- US residency, authorized to work in the US
About Trice Imaging
Trice Imaging, Inc. is a privately owned company at the intersection of wireless technology and healthcare. Trice mobilizes medical images by sending them from any imaging modality to any mobile device. Physicians receive remote access to images and reports, cost efficient storage, and the ability to collaborate with other physicians. Patients receive high-quality medical images that they can print, store, publish, and send to family and friends or to doctors for a second opinion. Trice Imaging’s award-winning, patented technology is a value added service to any medical imaging system or diagnostic software. Trice Imaging is headquartered in San Diego, California and has offices in Stockholm, Sweden, and Munich Germany.
How to apply: send an e-mail that includes the following info:
- your LinkedIn profile URL and/or resume/CV
- your GitHub or Bitbucket account URL (if you have one to share)
- the URL for a company or project that you’ve previously worked on, along with a short description of what you did there and when
- the URL of the most interesting thing you’ve read listened to, or watched lately, along with a short description of why it’s interesting to you
- the URL of a commit that you made to a public project, why you made it, and why you like it
- the URL of any public commit that you like and feel strongly about, and why you like it
- whatever else you’d like to say about yourself