The Professional Services team at GitHub focuses on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a Services Account Engineer, you will directly impact the lives of developers by working with some of the largest software companies on earth by shaping many aspects of software delivery. You will help our customers plan, prioritize, launch, and accelerate their initiatives in building on GitHub.
You will succeed in this role if you are a highly technical individual who feels as comfortable working with tech leaders to map out software delivery initiative roadmaps as you do writing code. You will work with customers from the planning phase through maintaining the system. You will be their primary technical contact at GitHub and establish relationships with admins and their tech leaders.
- Help transform software delivery at some of the largest software organizations through hands-on assistance
- Build customer business artifacts, such as company-specific roll-out plans and timelines
- Build a relationship with a customer’s trusted advisor from GitHub to accelerate the effectiveness of their teams
- Build on the GitHub platform to Help our customers deliver their desired features or custom workflows
- Track and share progress with GitHub and our customer to ensure expectations are clear and progress is being made
- Discover issues that arise and create plans to solve their problems
- Deep experience with GitHub to deliver software.
- A deep understanding of IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management.
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements.
- Implement and test solutions based on requirements and customer feedback.
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:
- Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall
- Software project tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, and MS Project
- Continuous integration and build automation with Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, TravisCI, CircleCI
- Experience configuring the following technologies:
- LDAP, ActiveDirectory, and other SAML/Single-Sign-on services
- VMware vSphere, ESXi, and other virtual infrastructure tools
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHub
- Strong ability to handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of client engagement
A more human note about this role:
This role is critical for our customers and GitHub. We would love your help to continue to assist customers in accomplishing their goals and making a positive impact in their company. We have seen how impactful a Services Account Engineer can be at GitHub. We hope you will join our team as we work with our customers to achieve their vision with the GitHub platform.