GadgetHacks.com has recently spun off from WonderHowTo.com, and with the domain change, we’re looking to become more of an authority on smartphones. Our goal is to be “The Most Honest Smartphone Buyer’s Guide,” but to achieve that, we’ll need a few great writers with in-depth technical knowledge about the software and hardware aspects that impact end-users when purchasing an iOS or Android device.
We won’t be doing unboxing videos or recycling tech-related news blurbs after they hit the wire. We won’t be your typical tech site in general. This means that to achieve our goals, we’ll need to look at smartphones in a light that other sites don’t see. That is to say, our technical knowledge will be the driving force behind our success, so we’ll need smart people that simultaneously understand how phones really work, and what the user really wants.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the Android and iOS communities, Know what users want.
- Pitch and write your own story ideas. Find angles that other sites aren’t covering.
- Analyze and compare hardware and software features on various phone models.
- Industry experience that directly relates to Android, iOS, or smartphone hardware.
- Technical expertise regarding the hardware or software that powers modern smartphones.
- Proficiency as a writer.
- An obsession with smartphones.
- Background in engineering or programming.
- Ability to apply the scientific method towards testing smartphone components.
- Experience with connectivity protocols such as Bluetooth and LTE.
- Knowledge about the chipsets that power modern phones.
- Experience as an Android or iOS developer.
- Experience with root and/or jailbreak methods, as well as associated apps and mods.
- Handy with a camera.
- We can be very flexible with scheduling as you transition from your existing job.
- While we’d prefer applicants to be near our home base in Manhattan, working remotely is also an option.
- If you’re in NYC, you’ll have access to every major phone on the market at our home office.
Have a look around GadgetHacks.com to see our existing coverage and get a feel for how your voice and expertise could add to it. Then, send us a cover letter and a résumé, and let us know a bit about yourself!