We’re looking for a Software Engineer to work with our team to implement new product features, third-party integrations, and internal tools. This is a remote position. Even though we work on distributed teams, we’re highly collaborative and constantly communicating on Slack, Github, or Screenhero.
- Continuous Delivery – teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean – no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual Improvement – we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous Teams – making their own product & development choices
- Cross-functional Teams – collaborating through all phases of the product development process
- Customer Research – we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting Leaders – who trust us to create and don’t impose deadlines or features
These are the technologies we work with (don’t sweat it if you’re only familiar with some of these):
- Server-side – Ruby on Rails
- Client-side – React, CoffeeScript, Sass, Html
- Github – Pos, Code Reviews
- Databases – PostgreSQL, Redis
- Messaging – RabbitMQ, Pub/Sub Architecture
- DevOps – Linux, SaltStack
What you’ll own:
- Write software applications that meet technical standards.
- Participate in the planning phase of new projects by sharing input, technical limitations, and time/resource estimations.
- Look for ways to improve development systems, and help standardize processes and procedures based on experience.
- Coordinate technical requirements and communication across several teams remotely.
The experience you’ll need:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- At least two years of experience working with web technologies like Rails.
- Have a passion for learning and for helping others learn.
- Ability to manage time effectively and schedule tasks over time.
- Intrinsic motivation to complete tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep interest in working on a distributed team.
We’re committed to a values-driven culture here at Pluralsight and our mission inspires everything we do.